This Microsoft Azure certification exam is designed to assess your knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) concepts, as well as related Azure services. It is suitable for candidates with both technical and non-technical backgrounds, and prior experience in data science or software engineering is not required. However, familiarity with basic cloud concepts and client-server applications would be beneficial.
Skills measured in the exam include:
- Describe Artificial Intelligence workloads and considerations (20–25%)
- Describe fundamental principles of machine learning on Azure (25–30%)
- Describe features of computer vision workloads on Azure (15–20%)
- Describe features of Natural Language Processing (NLP) workloads on Azure (25–30%)
Topics that you may see questions about:
- Identify common AI workloads
- Identify guiding principles for responsible AI
- Identify common machine learning techniques
- Describe core machine learning concepts
- Describe Azure Machine Learning capabilities
- Identify common types of computer vision solutions
- Identify Azure tools and services for computer vision tasks
- Identify features of common NLP workload scenarios
- Identify Azure tools and services for NLP workloads
- Identify features of generative AI solutions
- Identify responsible AI considerations for generative AI
- Identify capabilities of Azure OpenAI Service
The exam is available in English and will be updated on November 2, 2023. Training resources, both self-study and classroom options, as well as links to documentation, community sites, and videos are recommended for exam preparation. The “Azure AI Fundamentals” certification is not a prerequisite for other Azure role-based certifications but can be used to prepare for them.
Difficulty: 1 out of 5.
The AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals is an entry-level cert from Microsoft that teaches you the fundamentals of AI. It is entry-level and does a shallow view of the entire ecosystems of AI. There are 2 things to consider when studying or thinking about this certificate.
This very biased toward Azure and Microsoft services
This is biased towards OpenAi and its services
The course teaches you a lot of useful information but it is very hard to separate it from Microsoft services and there are points where you are learning how to up-sell rather than learn about AI.
With all that said, if you can pay the 99$ fee or can get a free voucher, it is a good entry-level cert.
Total study time was 1 week and the exam is 45 minutes long.